Help

Re: How Do I make an Annual Calendar / Gantt Chart?

669 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heather_Hale
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I am helping the NON-PROFIT, UNIVERSITY-based Master Gardeners create a master planting calendar to Beta-Test as a COMMUNITY SERVICE APP for our 4-county area. Then, maybe we can expand it for the whole state, country - even the entire globe. Hey, a girl can dream! :winking_face:

I’d like to start with a template that could be modified based on planting zones, zip codes, micro-climate, etc. to inspire people to plant Victory gardens, help people eat healthier, beautify their neighborhoods - even combat global warming, poverty-nutritional deficiencies, etc…

Thus, for simplicity’s sake - say I create a Gantt chart or calendar for 2020 Fall Planting Dates.

Q: How do I easily and seamlessly make this ANNUAL?
(I.E.: not have to replicate this work year after year?)

I know I can put in START and END dates of what seeds or transplants you could plant now through October for Fall Veggies and the same for the Spring of 2021 (Jan - Feb) - and so on for season after season - but I have to (seemingly?) put a YEAR in to trigger the Gantt chart feature.
Cool.
That’s fine.

Q: How can I copy the base and update the YEAR from 2020 to 2021, 2022, and so on?

I’d like to be able to make slight modifications as Global Warming shifts Frost dates, etc.
And maybe have the old bases serve as historical references.

Any ideas?

Am I missing the obvious?
(Seems to be the bane of my existence).

P&TYinA! :winking_face:

1 Reply 1
Julian_E_Post
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Heather! I’m also a grower :slightly_smiling_face: Are you mainly looking for a way to keep all the same dates but change the year? If yes, I’d recommend using the DATEADD formula. Create a new column right next to the start date column. I’ll assume it’s called “Start Date 2020”. In the new column, use this formula:

DATEADD(Start Date 2020,1,'year')

That should leave you with the same dates in 2021. Now if you want to change the dates by a day or two, convert that new column to the Date type.

It would be cool if there was a way to have dates with no year. I’d like to compare harvest dates, etc from year to year. You could do this by assigning a number to each day of the year 1-365, then comparing those, but it would be nice if there was a native way to do it.