Roy_Golan
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have two tables:

A. Meetings

Roy_Golan_0-1708330168131.png

B. Representatives

Roy_Golan_1-1708330196160.png

'Representative' on table A (Meetings) is a 'Link to another record' leading to the items on table B (Representatives).

I have a need to filter the Representatives table so that it'll show stats for a given period only, for example - show only the stats for these periods:

Roy_Golan_2-1708330689151.png

The closest I got was filtering each calculation field separately: 

Roy_Golan_4-1708330926704.png

But this is not good enough as

1. It needs to be applied to each calculation field manually
2. The filter cannot be saved to a view

I have also tried filtering the linked record column by using the 'Limit record selection to a view' option, but this doesn't really limit the record selection as expected - a known issue.

Roy_Golan_6-1708331652020.png

What can be done to achieve a periodical filter for the Representatives table?

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I don't think you can, I'm afraid

You could try creating another table where each record is a single representative for a single time frame?

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 5.33.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 5.33.27 PM.png
Link to base

I feel like this should be doable via Interfaces too, but I can't seem to figure out how.  Hopefully someone else can chime in on that

  

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Roy_Golan 

Dynamically-chosen linked record filters are not yet a part of Airtable, but the very exciting news is that they’re coming to Airtable within the next few weeks!

This has been the #1 top feature request from Airtable users for the last 8 years! It has been right up there with the other top 2 feature requests: (1) the ability to dynamically color cells and (2) the ability to wrap column headers in grid view so that columns don’t need to be so wide.

In the meantime, there are 2 external add-ons for Airtable that have always offered this ability to dynamically choose linked records:

- Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable, which allow you to update Airtable records from a form with dynamically-filtered linked record selections.

- Noloco’s advanced interfaces for Airtable, which allows dynamic linked record selections on any screen.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld