Help

Re: How to keep TITLES straight for ONE Person with Multiple Companies?

Solved
Jump to Solution
719 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heather_Hale
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’ve got my PEOPLE and COMPANIES in separate sheets in one base.
Cool.
(Love it if we could link multiple bases!)

I finally figured out I should link all their social media spheres into one sheet, too (so those entries don’t go on forevah!)

Q: But how do I keep straight (i.e.: link) the many TITLES one person who wears a lot of hats may have with their variety of entitles?

Example: A gal who’s the CEO of her own company but ALSO the VP of a joint venture/partnership, on the Board of a charity and maybe the President of a trade organization?

Sure: I can reciprocally link her - as a person - to a variety of companies/entities (and of course, lots of peeps with one company) - I get that - but how do I keep all her various TITLES straight? So I know which title goes to which company - for the same person?

A whole 'nuther “Titles” sheet? Like the Social Media sheet?

Ugh.

Better way?

Beuller?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Probably. You need a junction between the person and the various companies/entities with which that person is involved, so a junction table makes sense to me. Going back to your example, this junction table would have two link fields—one to a person, one to a single company—and then a field where you specify the title for that person-company relationship (single line text, single select…whatever is easiest to manage). The primary field could be a formula that concatenates the company and title together so you can see those various relationships at a glance from the person’s record in the [People] table.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Probably. You need a junction between the person and the various companies/entities with which that person is involved, so a junction table makes sense to me. Going back to your example, this junction table would have two link fields—one to a person, one to a single company—and then a field where you specify the title for that person-company relationship (single line text, single select…whatever is easiest to manage). The primary field could be a formula that concatenates the company and title together so you can see those various relationships at a glance from the person’s record in the [People] table.

Awesome, Justin! THANK YOU!
Junction tables are NEW TO ME! :winking_face:
Googling…
Now watching: How to Use a Junction Table in your database | Airtable Tutorial - YouTube
THANK YOU!