885 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaun_Parfett
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all. I have a base with 12 tables. I would like to create a table which will list links to all the other tables in the base, to ease navigation. I can get the View link but that opens up in a browser. Is there a way to create a link to a table that then goes to the referenced table within the desktop app?

Thanks in advance.

Shaun

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

No. The desktop apps are effectively dedicated browsers that only connect to Airtable. If they generated app-centric links, those links wouldn’t be usable when trying to access Airtable from a browser. It’s a bit of an annoying catch-22.

If you’re open to using keyboard shortcuts, try the Ctrl-J (or Cmd-J, depending on your OS) hotkey. That opens the table browser, where you can either click on the name of the table you want to open, or type part of a table name to narrow down the list, cursor to it, then hit Enter. It’s the next-best thing to an always-open table picker for now.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

No. The desktop apps are effectively dedicated browsers that only connect to Airtable. If they generated app-centric links, those links wouldn’t be usable when trying to access Airtable from a browser. It’s a bit of an annoying catch-22.

If you’re open to using keyboard shortcuts, try the Ctrl-J (or Cmd-J, depending on your OS) hotkey. That opens the table browser, where you can either click on the name of the table you want to open, or type part of a table name to narrow down the list, cursor to it, then hit Enter. It’s the next-best thing to an always-open table picker for now.

Many thanks and much appreciated Justin. I suspected that this was case, but hoped it wasn’t.