1617 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rita_Spanu
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Can anyone recommend a way to close or lock a record with linked Line Items when needed? We have a table to create Purchase Orders and within the record, Line Items can be created.  These Line Items contain the actual purchase details such as qty/hours, unit pricing, total pricing, and text details.  We submit the PO to the vendor and when the subsequent vendor invoice is received, I reconcile the invoice details against the PO details and mark it as "Reconciled".  My intention is, that when the main Purchase Order is marked as "Reconciled", no one else with access to this table can go in to the Purchase Order and add any additional line items to add more products/services/pricing to the PO.

Any suggestions? 

4 Replies 4
Elyes80
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello @Rita_Spanu ,

What you could do is set a formula field that displays a locked symbol when the order is marked as  "Reconciled". Then Filter the base or interface where you can modify orders.

Elyes80_0-1687931917372.png

Elyes80_1-1687932061442.png

There's no way to lock records I'm afraid

The closest you'd get to this functionality would be to create a specific interface for this with a grid that filters out all POs marked as "Reconciled" and only allowing your team to access the table through that interface instead.  This would require a Pro account though, and would require you to create interfaces for every table they normally need access to. 

Would restricting the permissions of who can update that field to specific people help?

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 3.38.27 PM.png
Might want to look into third party tools too

Rita_Spanu

hello all, thanks for the replies so far, but i dont they would work.  I need the PO to actually be closed off and the solutions suggested only move them to another view where they could see be accessed

Rita_Spanu

anything in terms of an automation or script?