cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ferdinando_Pucc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi!

I have a DB for my mouse colony. Each entry has the mouse tag, room location (there are 2 rooms) and cage location within each room. Each cage can host up to 5 mice. However, cage location overlap and need the room number to be identified.

I am trying to link/lookup the main table to another table in which each record represents a cage location and has the following fields:
-cage location
-number of mice in room 1
-list of tags of mice in room 1
-number of mice in room 2
-list of tags of mice in room 2

I started by linking the cage location but when I add a field to lookup back from the main table to list the tags filtered by room location, I get no results… Any advice?

Thanks!

Best
Ferdinando

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the community, @Ferdinando_Pucci! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: I’m not quite getting a clear picture of the setup of your base. Would you be able to share screenshots of your tables?

Hi Justin,

Thanks for asking, please find below some screenshots.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

So you can see it works for the field “room 144 tags” but not for “room 120 tags”. What am I missing?

Thank you!

Best,
Ferdinando

Thanks for the detailed info. That paints a more clear picture. The mystery of that {Room 120 tags} field is puzzling. Would you be able to share a link to your base? It doesn’t need to be a collaborator level invitation, just a link that would allow me to copy it and look even deeper. The problem is evident on the surface, but without looking closely at the data, I couldn’t tell you why it’s not behaving.

@Ferdinando_Pucci kindly let me check out his base, and I want to share the solution here for anyone else who might run into this problem, which wasn’t obvious from the screenshots posted above.

The reason the rollup was failing for the {Room 120 tags} field was because there was nothing to roll up. The chosen {Tag} field was empty for numerous records: everything for Room 120, and even a few for Room 144.

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 1.17.43 PM

Filling in those empty fields will give the rollup fields something to collect. Once that is done, everything should look good.