Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Minor nit - trying to fix - When the base re-names generic record to something else

Solved
Jump to Solution
834 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonniEloff_VKDe
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I get it - really I do, if you want all your records in a table to be referred to as something else.

But I want to just fix mine to go back to being 'records' instead of 'events'

records.pngevents.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah, it's an extremely poorly-implemented feature.

Not only does it make its own random guesses on your behalf, but also you can't even choose your own terminology if it doesn't exist on their predefined list of 40 nouns. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

You have to go into the "rename table" option to remove the wrong record naming convention that they automatically applied for you.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah, it's an extremely poorly-implemented feature.

Not only does it make its own random guesses on your behalf, but also you can't even choose your own terminology if it doesn't exist on their predefined list of 40 nouns. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

You have to go into the "rename table" option to remove the wrong record naming convention that they automatically applied for you.

Thank you Scott!  I knew I had seen it somewhere but have no clue. Too many half thought out features without solid use case implementation.