cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VOIS_fm
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,
I have a question about a workflow strategy.

We have many bases spreaded through the different functions of our company. Every base is build upon a specific function need, from content management to administration to sales to R&D.
Every collaborator has many bases to work on simultaneosly. (Eg: administration works on record from marketing, publishing and sales).

Every time a record from a specific base go further with the workflow (eg. a project pass from “offer sent” to “project signed”, a trigger send a notification and the designed collaborator receive a pull for that task. In this case the administration will receive “send invoice”.

My question is, IS THERE A WAY TO HAVE ONE UNIQUE PLACE FOR ALL TASKS (from all bases)?

When we run weekly sprints is hard to have “the big picture” of what’s next, because all tasks are spreaded through different bases at different status.

Are we missing anything on this side? How do you deal with these (organizzational) issues?

5 Replies 5

Welcome to the community, @VOIS_fm! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: This could be done using Airtable’s sync feature, which lets you sync tables between bases. You could create a base to act as a collector of all tasks from all other bases, and sync those task tables into a single table.

The key thing to be aware of with syncing is that the synced results are read-only. You would need to go into each source table/base to edit the task data, but having one base that syncs and merges all of those source task tables would at least make it easier to see everything in one place for review purposes.

Also note that you can only have 20 synced tables in 1 base. Which can be a serious limitation to follow up on to do’s if you have many tables (we ran into this problem a few weeks ago).

Thanks @Justin_Barrett , we evaluated this option. Yes, it could be useful, even if the read only is still a major friction and I’m worried could impact the effective usage of the “single” base. But I’ll give a try!

VOIS_fm

Thanks @Databaser . Would you mind to share if you found any other solution? Did you implement the "single "base for the same goal we have, managing all tasks in one place?

I haven’t find the best solution for this yet, but the goal was the same. Collect the different tasks across bases to follow up on them in 1 place.