1994 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Limi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am a newish user on a pro plan and in the 5 months i've been using Airtable i not only learned a lot but definitely have learned how to make more complicated tables and ways that our organization can use it. However, now that more of our operations and staff is on Airtable, i am also realizing that i could have built much of it differently. I know there's no way to just duplicate an entire table (along with its data, automations and interfaces) to a new base (just as another table on the same base), which makes redesigning quite complicated. Does anyone found a way around this or found a simple way? I have no problem exporting data but i also dont want to rebuild all the columns and all the automations i connected to it.... help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alyssa_Buchthal
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I would recommend using a back-up of your base; it will be a one-time static copy of everything you have, data, automations, and record history, but won't affect the primary base operations are still based out of. 

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Alyssa_Buchthal
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I would recommend using a back-up of your base; it will be a one-time static copy of everything you have, data, automations, and record history, but won't affect the primary base operations are still based out of. 

thanks @Alyssa_Buchthal . What's the best way to do a back up for a base? Our data coordinator created an automation that finds all the records in all of our tables and then creates a google doc as the backup, but i feel like there must be a better way. (because i believe that only backs up the records, not everything else)

Airtable has a built-in snapshot feature that will provide much more richness than automation in this case! How-to guide here: Taking & Restoring Base Snapshots | Airtable Support

(I do want to add that I misspoke when I said revision history would be retained earlier, that isn't true, but everything else including comments will be!)

oh. my. god. @Alyssa_Buchthal , you just changed my world. This is amazing. THANK YOU!