3647 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Sarroff
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Total noob, but need to know if in long text aka rich text can you insert an image/picture?

Just thinking about using airtable for my blogging needs (airtable-zapier-webflow) and would like to be able to use rich text editor but will need the function to be able to insert images and pictures that can be floated, size adjust, captioned etc within the rich text editor field.

2 Replies 2
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Michael_Sarroff

I found this link in the community, maybe it can help?

My understanding is that the text field is only for text and there is an attachment field for images. I don’t think this can be done directly.

Perhaps someone with a little more experience can help.

Hopefully, this can point you in the right direction.

This is beyond the bounds of the rich-text field in Airtable. You might be able to get close to what you want through Markdown, but I’ll bet you’ll be very disappointed if rendering precision matters greatly.

The only way to do this well - i.e., blend data with content in a database environment is to ensure that HTML and CSS are working for your benefit. It is certainly possible to build HTML content in the long text field of Airtable, but testing how it will render is very difficult.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with pairing the data management aspects of Airtable with an external HTML page design tool but that would require some clever integrations.