3299 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
achamess
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Are swimlanes possible in the Kanban view? This would be a nice feature to have. I'm not seeing it. 

9 Replies 9
bazfilmer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Can you describe exactly what you mean by swimlane? Have seen several types.

Very simply, horizontal groupings, just like timeline or gantt has. 

kanban-board-with-swimlanes.jpg

Thanks for providing that context. Unfortunately there is no way to group horizontally. My suggestion would be to group by status, and sort by team + add team to the display card for each project. You could also use conditional color to make tickets owned by each team more obvious.

One other thought - You could have a second kanban view which groups by team, and is sorted by status, if having that easily accessible is preferable.

Airtable Kanban help article talks about 'Swimlanes' as Rows.  I'm a bit mystified about how to activate such. 
https://www.airtable.com/articles/product/kanban-boards
Max_Harper_1-1677161654625.png

Thanks Max. Yeah they talk a lot about it but I don't see any way to do this. Anyone from Airtable want to chime in?

DavidCatalano
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Seems odd to describe what swimlanes are but not show it. Swimlane are like groups in Grid views and would make a lot of sense.

Timm_Gompel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agree, swimlanes would be super helpful for us as well. Should also be very easy to implement

This is great for my use also, "almost" swimlanes. I also added "Tabs" - one for each "Team", so instead of swim lanes, I have tabs to divide the tasks. 

Birk_Ulstad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It's been like this for ages. They hae an article discussing the concept and origins of Kanban boards and one feature of the work planning method being swimlanes. However, to my knowledge, they have never actually had a feature for horizontal grouping in kanban boards. Neither in table views nor in interfaces. It would make Airtable soooo much more competitive for work management across teams/workstream compared to competitors like Jira, Trello etc. And it really shouldn't be a hard feature to develop and introduce.

Anyone at Airtable want to comment on this?