Help

Re: When creating a FORM, is there a way to copy/paste in lots of items into a single select field?

Solved
Jump to Solution
835 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khoner01
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I want to create a "Kudo board" where employees can select from a drop-down list (single select) of company employees they want to give kudos to.

My thought process is I would like to create a form that includes a list of employees' names from a drop-down (single select field) and a long text field, to add the kudos. When they "submit," it will populate a table with the employee name and the kudos received.

If I want to add a  single select field under forms, is there a way to copy/paste in a list of employee names? I don't want to type them out one by one.

Note when you are working directly in a table, you can

However, there does not seem to be an easily way to copy/paste a list of items into a single select field if you are working under "forms."

If anyone knows, it would be much appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Why don't you just add them via the gridd view? What am I missing?

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Why don't you just add them via the gridd view? What am I missing?

khoner01

Never mind you're right! I took a look again because I did what you originally suggested.

Just realized I was driving myself wild looking at another table with duplicate info but the form was connected to a different table (where all the names were populating).

Thanks for the reality check!

Because a form isn't a view/is separate from a view. Information added to a form can populate a grid view once submitted but it does not work the other way around (information added to a grid view can't populate a form).

I am looking for an easy way to copy a list of over 100 names into a single select field under "forms" so people can nominate who they want to award kudos to. (By filling out the form, it will populate the grid. view).