cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Al_Mo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all,

I was being diligent and read the ToS for Airtable and the following section caught my attention:

1.2 Access, Restrictions, and Use

[…]

Except as we otherwise agree in writing or to the extent a restriction is prohibited by law, you agree not to do, and not to assist, permit or enable any third party or Application (defined below) to do, any of the following:

1. use any robot, spider, scraper, data mining tool, data gathering or extraction tool, or any other automated means, to access, collect, copy or record Airtable;

[…]

Now, I’ve developed a small web application that acts pretty much as a “front” to some user’s Airtable data. It works like this, User puts a contact form in their website, when someone signs up, that data goes straight to some Airtable base. After that, I provide said User with info and tools to query “how many people are signing up?”, “list of emails that have been recorded”, etc…

I am doing all of this using Airtable’s API in the intended way, following their guidelines, etc… But I don’t know if my use case would be, under some interpretation, violating the ToS.

I would like to arrive at a clear answer to this since my small tool is getting some traction, and I would like it to grow and launch as a full-featured product, with the hope of making some profit off it. Before I get into that, I would like to know if I’m operating safely, and won’t get shut down by Airtable later on because of a violation of their ToS. I understand that Airtable will always reserve their right to revoke their service, but I’d like to know where I stand right now, with this. You get the idea.

So, summarizing, does Airtable allow a use case like this to be built on top of their platform? Any caveats to it? Anything else I should be aware of? (cc: @Emmett_Nicholas @Jason to see if they can pitch in).

Thanks all!

0 Replies 0