1753 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Borg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I created a new token and tried to use it to replace my API key in a Zapier app connection for Airtable. Thought I was doing the right thing in preparation for the deprecation in 2024. It didn't work. Zapier doesn't seem to recognise the token and wouldn't accept it.

Likewise tried to use tokens in direct connections with other subscriber apps. They didn't accept them either.

I'm missing something fundamental here right? Grateful for any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Zapier probably hasn't implemented support for the new token system yet as it's a fairly new introduction.  You might want to open support tickets with Zapier and your other subscriber apps asking whether they support it?

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Zapier probably hasn't implemented support for the new token system yet as it's a fairly new introduction.  You might want to open support tickets with Zapier and your other subscriber apps asking whether they support it?

Peter_Borg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for your response Adam @TheTimeSavingCo 

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about this in the community. Maybe it will ramp up now that "Notice of Airtable API Key Deprecation" email has gone out. I'm immediately getting queries from current and past clients.

Perhaps we can have a thread tracking when the most prominent integrating products ar eupdated to handle the new tokens (Zapier and Make at the top of the list).  

Agreed, @Peter_Borg . As I already did a major deep dive trying to understand how to set up OAuth integrations, with no success, I've been watching the months go by, hoping that the third party engineers who know WAY more than me will help get it set up so the automations and bases set up for my clients can continue without interruption. 

Softr- I did get an email today from Softr that they're working on upgrading this integration to support Personal Access Tokens and OAuth will be coming soon, so fingers crossed on Zapier and Make.  

Giles_Croft
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm a little confused as to whether these changes will affect me. If I'm in my Airtable account and I got to Account > Integrations, there are none listed on either of the tabs (Connected accounts or Third-part integrations)

But I send data to Airtable automatically from Jotform forms that I have designed and integrated.

Is that something that's going to affected by the deprecation?

Peter_Borg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I received this email today from Zapier. Can anyone explain what this means in plain english? I always like to see "no action required" but how can that be true in this case? Does this mean Zapier is going to replace all existing API connections with 0Auth versions and no revalidation are required from impacted parties, and Airtable is okay with this?

Also by the way, everything is fine with Make. That app now accepts Airtable Personal Access Tokens, In my case I updated them all myself (which adds to my confusion about Zapier's approach).