743 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saksin_CCM
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Today Airtable give me error on “filterByFormula” it was working fine earlier. Anyone had same problem like me.? reply : Error parameter validation fail

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Welcome to the community, @Saksin_CCM! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: A lot more detail is needed before we can help with this issue. An error message alone isn’t sufficient. Please share as much detail as you can about your use case: code examples, screenshots, etc.

marks
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Adding on to what @Justin_Barrett shared, are you sure a related field was not renamed or reconfigured in some way? ()That can affect formulas and therefore the base REST API’s filterByFormula parameter)

Actually, I’ll bet it only seemed like it was working. My hunch is your code finally encountered a data pattern that it didn’t support. In almost every case, API errors like this are related to encoding, specifically quotes.

Examine the exact call (URL containing the filter) you are making to Airtable - you almost certainly will spot the error.

Saksin_CCM
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I did not rename or do anything, all other apps with original code I have (Thubkable X) not working at all after compiler to apk for Android. I used same code repleted again to test and result is same error with parameter validation fail. If my field is rename the existing app should not running right? But it is happen only re-complier to new version.

Something is probably different somewhere

• something different in the base field names and/or types
  • something different in your code
  • something different in the data in the base
  • something different in your inputs used to generate the formula

Does the old code still work?