311 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NEF1QLSZ4U
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

How to edit cells within AIRTABLE as I have seen it detects values inside a cell like Listbox but not possible to edit like Excel cell F2.

2 Replies 2
Elainedickerso
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@NEF1QLSZ4UBe Ball Players wrote:

How to edit cells within AIRTABLE as I have seen it detects values inside a cell like Listbox but not possible to edit like Excel cell F2.

Hello,

there are different ways to edit cells within AIRTABLE depending on the field type and the content you want to modify. Here are some possible options:

If you want to edit the name or the type of a field, you can click on the icon on the right side of the field header and choose ‘Edit field’ from the dropdown menu. Alternatively, you can double-click on the field header to open the editing menu.

If you want to edit the content of a field, you can click on the cell and start typing, or use the keyboard shortcuts to navigate and edit the cells. For example, you can press F2 to edit the current cell, Tab to move to the next cell, Enter to move to the next row, etc.

If you want to edit the format of a field, you can click on the ‘Formatting’ tab in the field configuration menu and select the desired option from the dropdown list. For example, you can change the format of a single line text field to plain text, rich text, emoji, or barcode.

If you want to edit a formula field, you can click on the ‘Formula’ tab in the field configuration menu and enter or modify the formula expression. For example, you can use the DATEADD function to calculate the end date of a contract based on the start date and the term.

I hope this helps you edit cells within AIRTABLE with ease.

Best regards,
Elainedickerso

NEF1QLSZ4U
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

EditCells.jpg

As you can see it does not support Edit cells. Also, F2 will not work and depending on the field type and the content you want to modify it seems it is not possible to edit as it throws options like Listbox.