cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thomas_Soler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone,

I would like to track commercial and private flights using airtable. Ideally a flight number or tail number will be entered into a column and in two other columns the flights status and ETA will be displayed.

So far there doesn't seem to be any native extensions and I have been investigate third party APIs and have yet to find a suitable match. Any recommendations or suggestions?

Thank you

Tom

4 Replies 4

If you have familiarity with using APIs, you can integrate any custom API with Airtable by using scripting, DataFetcher, or Make’s HTTP module. Make has a bit of a learning curve, so I’ve created some basic navigation tips here.

Alternatively, if you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you create this, I have extensive experience integrating custom APIs with Airtable. Please feel free to contact me through my website: https://www.scottworld.com

Gordonhoj
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Have you tried using Flightradar24's API? They offer real-time flight tracking data for commercial and private flights around the world.

Tulonarinchu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Tracking flights can be a hassle, but with the right tools, it can be a breeze. Have you tried using FlightAware's API? It's a third-party service that provides flight tracking information, including status and ETA. You can integrate FlightAware's API with Airtable using their REST API interface. This will allow you to enter a flight number or tail number into a column, and have the flight status and ETA automatically displayed in two other columns. And if you're looking to book a flight, be sure to check out TravelBusinessClass.com for cheap business class flights. They offer great deals on luxury travel, so you can fly in style without breaking the bank.

ElsieFreeman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Utilizing a flight tracker to monitor the ETA and status of a flight is highly beneficial for travelers, particularly those planning to fly business class. It offers real-time updates on flight details such as delays, gate changes, and cancellations, allowing travelers to adjust their plans as needed. This tool is especially useful for business class travelers, enabling them to optimize their time, whether it's enjoying premium lounge access or other exclusive airport amenities. By staying informed through a flight tracker, those who choose to fly business class can ensure a seamless and luxurious travel experience, arriving at the airport with the perfect timing to enjoy all the comforts that business class offers.