1144 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vicon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I noticed that running a script as part of an automation flow has some limitations in place, which are outlined here. I want to know if the same limitations apply when I am using the Scripting extension.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Most of those scripting action limitations do not apply to scripting extension. In scripting extension, there are no time limits, memory limits, query limits, or api call limits. This is because the script runs on the local computer instead of Airtable’s servers. There is still the rate limit for making mutations and the batch size limit. There are also limitations that still apply to both scripting extension and scripting actions, such as no external libraries. 

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Most of those scripting action limitations do not apply to scripting extension. In scripting extension, there are no time limits, memory limits, query limits, or api call limits. This is because the script runs on the local computer instead of Airtable’s servers. There is still the rate limit for making mutations and the batch size limit. There are also limitations that still apply to both scripting extension and scripting actions, such as no external libraries.