cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
STEPHANE_BARBAG
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

please, I need help.

1. The id created by airtable for each of my entries does not suit me and I would like to replace it with the entry of my column ID! How to do?
  2. How to make a single entry? when one of my clients chooses an ID I do not want another one to choose the same one!
11 Replies 11

I want to cretae them to know the air table record ID before… and program my chips to the URL : mywebsite. com /recXXXXXX

Not using Airtable’s native forms. Airtable forms always add new records. They currently can’t be used to edit existing records. For that, you’ll need to use a third-party form tool like Jotform or Typeform, and route the output from that form through either Zapier or Integromat to update the appropriate Airtable record. You might consider posting to the Work Offered category to get help building this system if you don’t feel like you can do it on your own.

I’m confused. If you’re using an Autonumber field and a formula to create the ID values as I suggested earlier, duplicate numbers are impossible. Autonumber never duplicates numbers, so the final number created by the formula will always be unique. Could you please describe what you did in greater detail?