cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin_Malinda
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello 👋

I am trying implementing Airtable OAuth flow for the first time.

So far I'm pointing my OAuth application back to localhost. But I am getting stuck on this view:

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 14.47.34.png

I can't Grant access here and there's a failed request in the network tab with error "You are not permitted to perform this operation".

It seems like something is going wrong on Airtable side, because the user should have permissions to bases that they select in the select box, and also the error is hidden in the console and not printed in UI in any way.

I can share CLIENT_ID if that is helpful.

Thank you for any advice here!

2 Replies 2
Martin_Malinda

henrypieterson

Airtable OAuth flow, specifically at the point where you're trying to grant access, and there's an error preventing the operation.

Here are some steps you can consider to troubleshoot and address the issue:

1. Check Client ID and Secret:

• Ensure that the CLIENT_ID you are using is correct and matches the configuration in your OAuth application. Double-check any other relevant details like the redirect URI.
  2. Redirect URI Configuration:

• Confirm that the redirect URI specified in your OAuth application matches the URI where your application is running, especially considering you're pointing it to localhost.
  3. Permissions:

• Verify that the user account you're using for OAuth has the necessary permissions to perform the OAuth operation and access the specified bases. Check the Airtable account settings to ensure the user has the required access.
  4. Console Logs:

• Check the browser console logs for any additional error messages or details that might provide insights into what's going wrong. It's good that you're already checking the network tab, but sometimes additional information is logged in the console.
  5. Airtable Documentation:

• Refer to the official Airtable OAuth documentation for any specific requirements or considerations that might not be immediately apparent. This can help ensure that your implementation aligns with Airtable's expectations.
  6. Contact Airtable Support:

• If the issue persists and you can't identify the cause, consider reaching out to Airtable support. They might be able to provide specific assistance based on the details of your integration.