cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EastEndTom
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there Airtablers,

I’m using Airtable + MiniExtensions to do a little CSV uploading and processing, and I need to add client approval functionality. This would be via a PDF emailed back to them once a list is ‘approved’ via a limited write-access version of my base via MiniExtensions.

Could someone please help me with some code in a code block, along the lines of…

if CHECKBOX is ticked --> create PDF in PAGE DESIGNER, then save PDF somewhere useful afterwards.

Any help very much appreciated, Airtable wizards!

Thanks so much in advance.

6 Replies 6

Hello @EastEndTom,

I think and I regret that at the time of writing these lines it remains impossible to trigger a BLOCK from a SCRIPT-BLOCK.

It would be better to look for a workaround via AUTOMATION -SCRIPT Beta but I don’t think it is possible at this time.

Having said that, all that continues to evolve thanks to the work of the Airtable DEV Teams ( @Stephen_Suen , @Kasra, @Billy_Littlefield , @Zach_Felsenstein, @Emma_Yeap…) so , to be followed here.

olπ

Thank you @Olpy_Acaflo, that’s a shame! So I guess I’ll need to explore the Automation Script or externally Zapier + PDF Tools to do this instead. Oh well.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer, and thanks for the suggestion.

Tom.

That is correct. Blocks don’t have endpoints. They should, of course, but the only way to do this well is to use the API or an external process as @Olpy_Acaflo has suggested.

If you can give yourself the time to learn how to code more and harder, debug, fight against the " CORS " (regularly discussed in this section), and even if you don’t want to code lines and lines of script yourself but you want to have a good overall idea how it works, I advise you to read Mr Bill FRENCH’s contributions in the whole Airtable Community (all sections) about Page Designer, Google App(s) Script, automation and integration, Glu-factory, Zapier, Integromat. … and I forget some…
This will teach you a lot and save you a lot of time and energy!

oLπ

Thank you @Olpy_Acaflo and @Bill.French. For now I have found an elegant solution (just about) using MiniExtensions, which are excellent for those of us not blessed with coding skills like your good selves…!

Thanks both,
Tom.

As I’ve said here many times, code-free solutions are the foundation of IT innovation. Great to see miniExtensions get the job done for you!