cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johan_Stubert
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey

I want to track the dates of when we shipped our items.
So if I write Shipped, into one field, another field should be populated with the current date.
I tried this:
LEFT(IF({ :writing_hand: Shipping status*} = “3. Shipped”, LAST_MODIFIED_TIME({ :writing_hand: Shipping status*}),""),10)
But sadly this is not really what I am after since it would alter the date if someone changed the Shipping status field due to whatever reason.

Also writing an if formula with if (shipping status = SHipped), Today (), “”)
is also not working since it will update the date on the next day.
I need an if formula with Today, that will not change after calculating it once.

Thank you

2 Replies 2
Zollie
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

If I’m understanding correctly, you have a single select field (shipping status), and you’d like to get the time/date when a given option was selected.

If that’s the case, I don’t think you’ll be able to find a well automated solution with vanilla Airtable. I posted a data persisting product suggestion a while ago that would address these needs.

Barring Airtable building that feature, you can either (1) have users fill out a date field manually (2) come up with a scripted solution (users manually trigger a button), or (3) make use of a third party integration. Both 2 and 3 would be some code that auto records values to a date field.

One tool that only recently became available, and which could probably help a lot in this case, is the scripting action beta. I’ve been using it for a little over a week, and it’s pretty amazing what it can do. Long story short, a script could be triggered by this system, and the script could fill a normal date field with today’s (or any other) date.