cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alyssa_Martin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello

I currently use a UTM tagging template that was created by the team at linktosheets. But I would like to be able to transfer it over to AirTable.

It should be a relatively simple project for someone who knows how to replicate the formula in Column 6 of this Google Sheet.

I haven’t mastered AirTable formulas yet, so I’m looking for help with this. Please let me know if you’re willing / able to help with re-creating this sheet for me.

Cheers,
Alyssa

13 Replies 13

Hi @Jeremy_Oglesby you lifesaver, tried to fit it in my code, but get an error, can you check :slightly_smiling_face:

IF(

{Link},

LOWER( SUBSTITUTE( Link & REPLACE( IF(Platform,’&utm_medium=social’ ) & IF(Platform,’&utm_source=’ & Platform) ,1,1,’?’) , ’ ', '%20’))

)

I’m not entirely sure, but I think maybe some bad quotes got you… Airtable is picky about those. Try copy-pasting the formula below, where I’ve fixed all the bad quotes, and see if that works for you:

IF(
   Link,
   LOWER(
      SUBSTITUTE( 
         Link &
         REPLACE(
            IF(Platform,'&utm_medium=social' ) &
            IF(Platform,'&utm_source=' & Platform),
            1,1,'?'
         ) , 
         ' ',
         '%20'
      )
   )
)
Chiara_Sozzi
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

thank you that works!

@Jeremy_Oglesby I would like to understand the benefits of using AirTable for UTM parameters. I understand it can create the UTM parameter but is there another reason why using AirTable is a best practice? We are currently using Google UTM builder https://ga-dev-tools.google/ga4/campaign-url-builder/ and collecting the data in a Google spreadsheet. But if we can get more if we use AirTable I would love to change but I would like to understand it better. Thank you!