cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
collinkriz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi and thanks in advance for the help!

I have multiple IF statements that I would like to include in one Formula field. Essentially what I want is the output to be in one formula column with the output being:

Result from IF STATEMENT#1
(line break)
Result from IF STATEMENT #2

IF STATEMENT #1

IF(
  {Requestor job level} = "Individual Contributor","🍅 Individual Contributor",
  IF(
  {Requestor job level} = "Performance Leader (Manager)","🍋 Performance Leader",
  IF(
  {Requestor job level} = "Strategic Leader (AVP+)","🥑 Strategic Leader"
  )))

IF STATEMENT #2
IF(
  {Type of event} = "Keynote","🍅 Keynote",
  IF(
  {Type of event} = "Live Interview","🍅 Live Interview",
  IF(
  {Type of event} = "Customer Journey Presentation","🍅 Customer Journey Presentation"
)))

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Enjay
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I think this should do the trick. Wasn't sure if you actually wanted the extra line break in between the two lines. If you didn't, you can remove the & "\n" in the formula. Also wasn't sure if both variables were always present, either way if sometimes the first one isn't present and the second one is, it won't put the extra line breaks in. 

IF(
  {Requestor job level} = "Individual Contributor","🍅 Individual Contributor",
  IF(
  {Requestor job level} = "Performance Leader (Manager)","🍋 Performance Leader",
  IF(
  {Requestor job level} = "Strategic Leader (AVP+)","🥑 Strategic Leader"
  )))
  &
  IF(
    {Type of event} = "Keynote",IF({Requestor job level},"\n" & "\n")&"🍅 Keynote",
  IF(
    {Type of event} = "Live Interview",IF({Requestor job level},"\n" & "\n")&"🍅 Live Interview",
  IF(
    {Type of event} = "Customer Journey Presentation",IF({Requestor job level},"\n" & "\n")&"🍅 Customer Journey Presentation"
)))

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Enjay
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I think this should do the trick. Wasn't sure if you actually wanted the extra line break in between the two lines. If you didn't, you can remove the & "\n" in the formula. Also wasn't sure if both variables were always present, either way if sometimes the first one isn't present and the second one is, it won't put the extra line breaks in. 

IF(
  {Requestor job level} = "Individual Contributor","🍅 Individual Contributor",
  IF(
  {Requestor job level} = "Performance Leader (Manager)","🍋 Performance Leader",
  IF(
  {Requestor job level} = "Strategic Leader (AVP+)","🥑 Strategic Leader"
  )))
  &
  IF(
    {Type of event} = "Keynote",IF({Requestor job level},"\n" & "\n")&"🍅 Keynote",
  IF(
    {Type of event} = "Live Interview",IF({Requestor job level},"\n" & "\n")&"🍅 Live Interview",
  IF(
    {Type of event} = "Customer Journey Presentation",IF({Requestor job level},"\n" & "\n")&"🍅 Customer Journey Presentation"
)))

Well that was incredibly easy! Thank you.