Help

Re: Formula Date fields broken - what to update?

Solved
Jump to Solution
261 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristen_Waggene
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! 

We were previously using this formula to calculate a recurring date in the future: 

DATEADD("Publish Date", 7, "days"

However, we're now getting an #Error Message in our base. 

I did some searching and found this blog from Airtable. 

I tried using their exact formula in that blog as:
DATEADD({Publish Date},7,‘days’) but it is telling me "Sorry there was a problem saving this field. Invalid formula. Please check your formula text" 

Can anyone help me with what the correct formula is now? I am so lost....
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 7.03.27 PM.png

The formula works as described.  I would delete the formula field and recreate it.  If you can't delete it, create a new one and type in the formula to verify it works. 

See Solution in Thread

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Kristen_Waggene

The problem is the curly quotation marks. Airtable’s formula field can only accept straight quotation marks, not curly quotation marks.

As @Dan_Montoya mentioned above, retyping the formula will solve it… or just retype the quotation marks.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 7.03.27 PM.png

The formula works as described.  I would delete the formula field and recreate it.  If you can't delete it, create a new one and type in the formula to verify it works. 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Kristen_Waggene

The problem is the curly quotation marks. Airtable’s formula field can only accept straight quotation marks, not curly quotation marks.

As @Dan_Montoya mentioned above, retyping the formula will solve it… or just retype the quotation marks.

Kristen_Waggene

Thank you both for your input! @Dan_Montoya and @ScottWorld! I went in to try your suggestions this morning, and it magically fixed itself without me touching it today, so it appears there may have been some sort of bug in our base temporarily.