366 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason22
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there, I’m looking to create a formula column based off a column which has multiple fields.

The Column has one or multiple of SD/HD, UHD, HDR or SDR.

I want to create a new column called “Available in UHD?” where if one of UHD, HDR or SDR is there then show Yes. If it has only SD/HD then show no. 

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AirOps
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Jason, 

Welcome to the Airtable community! 

The formula that you are looking for would look something like this: 

IF(OR(FIND("UHD", {Multiple Select}), FIND("HDR", {Multiple Select}), FIND("SDR", {Multiple Select})), "yes", "no")

AirOps_0-1706055696180.png

To add some context to the formula, I used the FIND( ) function to search the multiple select field for the specific string I'm interested in, as long as it appears within the multiple select it will come back with a positive result that I can leverage in my IF statement. To check the condition of any of UHD, HDR, or SDR I use the OR( ) function with three FIND( ) functions nested as my three logicals. If any of the three are true then the IF( ) statement will return true, if it is true I ask the formula  to return "yes" and "no" if false (ie none of the three options were found).

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. 

Chantal

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
AirOps
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Jason, 

Welcome to the Airtable community! 

The formula that you are looking for would look something like this: 

IF(OR(FIND("UHD", {Multiple Select}), FIND("HDR", {Multiple Select}), FIND("SDR", {Multiple Select})), "yes", "no")

AirOps_0-1706055696180.png

To add some context to the formula, I used the FIND( ) function to search the multiple select field for the specific string I'm interested in, as long as it appears within the multiple select it will come back with a positive result that I can leverage in my IF statement. To check the condition of any of UHD, HDR, or SDR I use the OR( ) function with three FIND( ) functions nested as my three logicals. If any of the three are true then the IF( ) statement will return true, if it is true I ask the formula  to return "yes" and "no" if false (ie none of the three options were found).

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. 

Chantal

Success! Thanks so much Chantal!