1268 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcrook
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Can anyone recommend a license-free icon library compatible with Airtable Formulas and Interface Text fields? I see them used in templates, but would love to have access to a complete library.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ben_Young1
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hey @rcrook!

If you're referring to something like this:

Ben_Young1_0-1676168029217.png

SWITCH(
  {Status},
  "Done",
    "",
  "In Progress",
    "🏗",
  "To Do",
    ""
)

You can actually insert them directly from your OS!

On Windows, hit Windows Key + Period and simply search for the emoji you're looking for.

Ben_Young1_1-1676168253686.png

On MacOS, hit Control + Command + Space and you'll be presented with something similar.

There's something important to note when using emojis in Airtable. If you're referencing fields, tables, or bases in scripts or formulas, you have to include the emoji in the string. If you are interacting with Airtable via the API, you should probably be using the base/table/field/view ids instead of the names, but I digress.

This is important because different operating systems and browsers render emojis differently.
A good example of this is the '🟩' and '🟥' emojis that I commonly use when creating progress bar formulas.

Safari renders the emoji in a very different style than Chrome or the Windows native Airtable application might.
So be sure to check whether or not the emoji you're choosing to use renders in an acceptable style and that it won't detract from the overall application that you're building. This all assumes that such a thing would bother you. Nonetheless, it's worth calling out.

Let me know if this is different from what you're thinking of and I'd be happy to hop in and investigate more!

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Ben_Young1
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hey @rcrook!

If you're referring to something like this:

Ben_Young1_0-1676168029217.png

SWITCH(
  {Status},
  "Done",
    "",
  "In Progress",
    "🏗",
  "To Do",
    ""
)

You can actually insert them directly from your OS!

On Windows, hit Windows Key + Period and simply search for the emoji you're looking for.

Ben_Young1_1-1676168253686.png

On MacOS, hit Control + Command + Space and you'll be presented with something similar.

There's something important to note when using emojis in Airtable. If you're referencing fields, tables, or bases in scripts or formulas, you have to include the emoji in the string. If you are interacting with Airtable via the API, you should probably be using the base/table/field/view ids instead of the names, but I digress.

This is important because different operating systems and browsers render emojis differently.
A good example of this is the '🟩' and '🟥' emojis that I commonly use when creating progress bar formulas.

Safari renders the emoji in a very different style than Chrome or the Windows native Airtable application might.
So be sure to check whether or not the emoji you're choosing to use renders in an acceptable style and that it won't detract from the overall application that you're building. This all assumes that such a thing would bother you. Nonetheless, it's worth calling out.

Let me know if this is different from what you're thinking of and I'd be happy to hop in and investigate more!

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for.