AND(
{Accessories list},
{Games}
)
),
{Genuine Console Family}
)
)

I don’t know why, the first IF doesn’t work at all. I check the checkbox and nothing happens.
But, when Accessories list and Games have values, I can check and the field is fill with the right value (Genuine Console Family).

Thanks a lot for any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Valentin_GUENIC
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I made a mistake… and I’m sorry.
I forget to mention that I need to fill another field (hardwares) in order to have Genuine Family Console field not empty… so it works like a charm !
Thanks for helping my brain working :winking_face:

See Solution in Thread

14 Replies 14

I just tried your formula. It does work, but maybe you’ve got the logic wrong for the behaviour you want. What exactly are you trrying to achieve?

OK let me explain.
I want to display {Genuine Console Family} (another field content) if:

• checkbox is checked
    OR
  • {Accessories list} AND {Games} are empty (both at the same time)

IF(
OR({Edition}=1,AND({Accessories list}="",
{Games}="")
),
{Genuine Console Family},
BLANK()
)

That’s assuming Accessories List and Games are both text fields.

I think your problem was applying NOT to an AND statement. Your AND statement was evaluating as TRUE if both Accessories and Games were not empty, and FALSE in all other instances. The NOT statement then reversed this. So it was FALSE when both Accessories and Games were not empty and TRUE for all other instances.

And they’re not text fields… :slightly_smiling_face:

You might need to change the Accessories List and Games evaluations then. Possibly to:

AND({Accessories list}=0,{Games}=0)

So I did test what you wrote… and still, when I check the checkbox, nothing is displayed in the field.
I don’t understand at all what is the problem.

What type of fields are Accessories List and Games?

Both are links to fields

Are you sure {Genuine Console Family} is not empty?

Absolutely !
Because it fills up while Accessories list OR Games is filled.

So when Accessories List and Games are both empty then Genuine Console Family is also empty?

Here’s a link to an Example base that works with the behaviour you have described.

Genuine Console Family should be empty when: Accessories List and Games are both empty and checkbox unchecked
Genuine Console Family should be filled when: Accessories list OR Games are not empty, OR checkbox checked.
:slightly_smiling_face:
Yes I know it’s a bit weird. I have some conditional statements in order to filter my linked fields (accessories and games) depending on this field. It checks if there’s a value and this value is connected to a family of console, so are accessories and games.

Valentin_GUENIC
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I made a mistake… and I’m sorry.
I forget to mention that I need to fill another field (hardwares) in order to have Genuine Family Console field not empty… so it works like a charm !
Thanks for helping my brain working :winking_face: