696 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richard
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I want to execute my own third-party code when I set the value for a record. For example, when I set the value for my applicant to be “Pending”, I want to trigger a texting API to send that applicant an SMS. Can you guide me on how to do so

3 Replies 3
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

You may be able to make use of Zapier - I believe there is a way that you can add your own app to their system as long as you have an API that meets certain requirements… can’t recall exactly what those requirements are at the moment :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Richard

I would recommend Integromat (similar but more flexible than Zapier) - probably using a trigger based on the new modified date / time field as described in my blog post:

https://www.onlinedatabase.expert/post/using-airtable-s-new-last-modified-fields-with-integromat

Except you could use a Twilio connection to send an SMS instead of send an email.

It’s probably only a two-step process in Zapier. Step one is the “New Record in View” Airtable trigger (targeting a view in your table that only shows applicants marked as “Pending”). The second step would be the texting API. Zapier has its own “SMS by Zapier” integration that should do the job. Using the data gathered in the trigger step, you fill in the fields required by the SMS action.