Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicolas_Lapierr
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello everyone!

I need your ideas :slightly_smiling_face:

I am trying to invert a string (of numbers). I had this nice easy formula in excel, but I am not sure how to transform it to Airtable as it contain an array.

exemple:
A1: 123456
A2: =TEXTJOIN("",1,MID(I49,{10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1},1))
result in A2: 654321

Is it possible to convert or do I need a new method? Those functions seems to be available in Airtable, but nothing worked from all I tried. As I could not find similar case in the forum I am asking it here today so others can also get an a solution!

Thank you very much for your kind clairvoyance :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

5 Replies 5

While Airtabe may have formula functions with similar names as Excel’s functions, they do not necessarily do the same thing.

For example, Airtable formulas cannot split a text string into an array/list, and the array formula functions only work on very specific field types.

I recommend looking into using scripting to achieve this. Scripting use JavaScript, which has several string handling functions.

Yes scripting, that would be the next step. I wanted to be sure that I was not missing an easy way to do it :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you!

And if Airtable was interested in creating a self-sustaining formula environment, there would already be a script block available to everyone named Reverse.js that could be mapped to the formula Reverse().

[sigh]

Yes!! That would open so many doors for newbies like us trying to find easier/faster way than scripting! You probably suggested it already, did you?

By the way, a big THANK YOU to both of you @Bill.French & @kuovonne for all your answers to the community, I saw your clever comments and solutions in almost every post that helped me build my modest AT temple :grinning: You are making this dream going one step further!!

Many times for more than two years.