Help

Re: Manual Time tracking in 15 min intervals (calculation/formula support)

Solved
Jump to Solution
2355 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darcie_Tanner1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all, 

Hoping someone can help. I'm trying to create a time sheet where the user inputs the hours & minutes they worked in 15min increments - so 1.25 (1 hour 15 mins), 1.5 (1hr 30 mins) etc.

How do I get this to appear as 1hr 15 mins, 1hr 30 mins in an hh:mm format without asking them to do their time sheets in seconds and also have the ability to roll up the totals?

Ideally they would not be tracking start end times using date fields. Just a box yo input a decimal. 

Example: 

Darcie_Tanner1_0-1677085178370.png

This is a platform I've used for timesheets in the past, Synergist

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hm, if it's just about display you could use this:

IF(
  Number,
  IF(
    ROUNDDOWN(Number, 0) > 0, 
    ROUNDDOWN(Number, 0) & "hr "
  ) & 
  MOD(Number * 60, 60) & 
  " mins"
)

Resulting in:

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 11.33.19 AM.png

And you could then rollup on "Number" with the same formula setup, ending up with:

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 11.33.22 AM.png

Link to base

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Ron_Daniel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@Darcie_Tanner1  you may be able to do this using the Duration field. They would have to enter in hours and minutes, not as a decimal. In other words, an hour and a half they would enter as 1:30, not 1.5. These are easy to roll up in totals as well:
Screen Shot 2023-02-22 at 12.28.32 PM.png

Thanks @Ron_Daniel. I think I was trying to work out the most efficient way to type it, so a decimal vs a colon - but maybe I’m using my habits too much as a standard approach.

just thinking if they have to do many of these a day it might be cumbersome, but that’s using a keyboard with a keypad. Most will probably be on laptops & mobile, so may not be an issue as much.

Hm, if it's just about display you could use this:

IF(
  Number,
  IF(
    ROUNDDOWN(Number, 0) > 0, 
    ROUNDDOWN(Number, 0) & "hr "
  ) & 
  MOD(Number * 60, 60) & 
  " mins"
)

Resulting in:

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 11.33.19 AM.png

And you could then rollup on "Number" with the same formula setup, ending up with:

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 11.33.22 AM.png

Link to base

Ooooh - interesting - thank you!