cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug_Gregan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello,

I have a big favor to ask, which is basically, can someone help fix this formula? I am creating a Yes/No flag to display content using the TODAY() function, but I need it to determine TODAY() by Eastern Standard Time. This is what I have and its not working…

IF(SET_TIMEZONE(TODAY(), ‘America/New_York’) = {Prayer Point Date}, “Yes”, “No”)

The conditional piece works great, it’s the TIME_ZONE that’s a bust. All help is appreciated.

15 Replies 15

Right, I’ll stick with it for now. If you’d be willing to instruct on the literal solution, I’d love to learn.

Holy crap - I just lost a day! I’m losing more than my mind apparently.

Why not just parse the date off of Now() set to local time?

The local time toggle in the user interface only affects the display of the time in the user interface. It doesn’t change the fact that the underlying value used in formula fields is GMT/UTC.

In Airtable, the concept of local time only exists in a specific client. Formulas are not client specific, and thus date/time values are always GMT unless you use SET_TIMEZONE or do some other workarounds like manually adding an offset.

Justin and I have both created various systems for getting timezone offsets. I’m just one my phone and it is too hard to look up the specific posts.

Thanks, @kuovonne!

@Doug_Gregan It sounds like my sample base would be of most help to you, since it specifically handles these time offsets.

If you have some thoughts/samples, that would be great. I appreciate your time and input.