1983 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
N_Bigglesworth
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Airtable folks. I’m wondering if anyone has run across this message when writing Formulas in Airtable:

“Can’t save field because it exceeds the limit of formula dependencies”

This happened when I was splitting-out 100 image URL’s into individual fields. Everything worked fine until I tried to submit the 99th image Formula.

Here are screengrabs of my Formula, in case anyone sees an inconsistency. I highlighted in RED where I made additions/changes. But again, images 1 through 98 worked just fine:

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 7.23.49 PM
Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 7.23.44 PM

15 Replies 15

As Kuovonne reminds, this is an Automation script, not one for the Scripting app.

You need to add input config variables for the script to work. That’s done in the left side of the screen. The script is set up for two input variables, recordId and links. Notice that the variables within the script of the same name have a red squiggle underneath them. Once you add the input config variables it should be fixed.

Thanks, and FYI that I was always using this script within an Automation. I added the input variables, but still get the same error message — now it’s “splice” that has the underlined red squigglies. Does “splice” need input variables as well?

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 11.07.48 AM

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 11.12.00 AM

Your screenshot only shows a single script input for recordId, you need one for links too.

Thanks. How do you do that (sorry, I’m a noob)? I had created an input variable for “links”. Here’s my whole scripting screen, within the automation:

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 12.23.37 PM

The value for links should be the trigger record’s Attachment field’s list of URLs

Thank you. I will try this out.