702 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rlaurence83
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

New to Airtable / Formulas and Automations 🙂 Hopefully someone out there can explain what im assuming is a basic SEARCH formula to me 🙂 

I have created some automations using Zaiper to update a record based on a UNIQUE ID ( Video ID ) but i can only create a search function for that specific ID. 

Example Attached 🙂

How would i go about creating a formula to SEARCH for a ID value that is 1 more than the previous one.

ie i can find "SC1" but i would like to create a formula that could find "SC2" , the 3 and so on. As i have a file naming convention that is sequential its needed to update each record through-out the workflow process.

3 Replies 3
Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@Rlaurence83 Hi there! Why not to use a substring search pattern "SC" instead of "SC1"?

Hm, I'm not entirely clear what you're trying to do here and thought I'd provide you with a potential way to populate a formula field with an ascending number in case that helped.

Here's the formula:

IF(
  {Video ID} != "",
  "SC" & (VALUE(SUBSTITUTE({Video ID}, "SC", "")) + 1)
)

Thnaks adam ill give that a try. Im trying to have a specific record and field to update based on a frame.io action  ( ie - video approved )  - as i number all my videos in sequential order i thought having a search function for the " find record" automation in zaiper to "look" for the video ID + 1 idk if thats even logical 🙂 lol

. Another member mentioned having some data stored in zaiper storage everytime a action is made and then call to it out in a search for record but that is a little over my head right now  so trying something simpler that may work - appreciate the feedback