cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Franck
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello alls,

I have a sum up column as shown in the picture above. Actually, I use excell for the calculation (I copy the value column in excell, I make the calculation of the sumup column in excell and then I copy back to the airtable sumup column). Hence, I'd like to know if it exist any function or script that could do this calculation directly in airtable. Thx

Franck_0-1671467471835.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It looks like what you want is a "running total". The technique created by W_Vann_Hall in the link by Sara is a very old way of doing things. That technique was designed before Scripting existed, and it requires some very complex formulas and rollups that can be very slow and resource intensive. Now that scripting exists, you are usually better off using scripting to calculate a running total. There is an example script for creating a running total in the scripting documentation.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi, have you checked this post? it has a lot of tutorials

Link

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It looks like what you want is a "running total". The technique created by W_Vann_Hall in the link by Sara is a very old way of doing things. That technique was designed before Scripting existed, and it requires some very complex formulas and rollups that can be very slow and resource intensive. Now that scripting exists, you are usually better off using scripting to calculate a running total. There is an example script for creating a running total in the scripting documentation.

Franck

Thank you Sara, I cheked the post but unfortunately it's a little confusing for a newbie like I am.

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Don't worry! the important is that you solved the problem 😊 Thank you, Kuovonne!

Franck

Thank you Kuovonne, it is precisely what I need. There's a little delay in the calculation but It works fine.