cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Davies2
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello

Quick question, I haven’t been able to work out how to do this, but may be missing something.

Can I have a row of say 6 buttons across the top of a grid, to give quick and easy access to filters?

ie - click on the “available” button and only available records show. I’d have buttons for “out of stock” etc too.

Hope this is possible - better than having a drop down filter. Much more visual.

Thanks,
Andrew

3 Replies 3
Susan_Lanier
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I want this too! I don’t want my team to have to mess with ugly looking filter settings but rather have access to three buttons that shows tasks that are overdue, due today, and due that week.

Here is one way to get this experience in Interface Designer using button fields.

• Create three different interface pages: one for each predefined filter you want.
  • Create three different button fields in the Grid View (not a button element) with the “open url” action, one for each interface page. Set the formula for the url to the url of the interface page. Because this is a formula, you will need to put the url in quotes.
  • Add the button fields to the headers of your interface pages.
bweber
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Retagging this as an idea @airtable - Can you make this happen natively?