Help

Can interfaces connect with and draw data from multiple bases?

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
3419 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ninja
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Creating a CRM and I was hoping to create a master interface to act as a management dashboard and draw from multiple different bases. Is this possible? or does all the information have to be in one base under different tables?

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

An interface can only pull from one base.

However, you can sync views from other bases to a single destination table (or multiple destination tables) in a base. Then you can pull your interface from there.

However, note that the data will be read-only in your destination table, so that may be a dealbreaker for you. Also, when you sync bases, there is a maximum number of syncs that you can setup.

Your best bet would probably be to create your dashboard in another app — something as simple as Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel, or something as complex as Databox or Tableau — and then use Make to automate the sending of your data from Airtable to those other tools.

There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses. 

Also, if you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld.

Simon_Forster
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Any plans to change this with the new mobile interfaces. It's a real draw back not allowing multiple bases in one interface.

Honestly it really is. I don't understand why inter-base tables is such a difficult task. The only reason I have for an interface is to use multiple tables across bases. Otherwise I might as well use the tables themselves. I would like one interface for our team using compiled information from all of my bases not 10 different bases and the same number of interfaces