682 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alyssarados
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I want to have the top filter dropdowns be dependent of each other for the list view. For example, if I select Program A, I should only see the projects that fall under Program A... not all the projects available for any programs. 

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 1.36.25 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-08 at 1.36.40 PM.png

4 Replies 4

Hmm, I don't think that's possible I'm afraid.  You could try creating an Interface with 2 record pickers and a List view which would do what you want though!

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 8.07.50 PM.png
Link to base

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, that feature is not available in Airtable, but I would submit that as a feature request to support@airtable.com.

I do not know of any Airtable products on the market that offer dynamic conditional filtering for viewing records, but ironically, you CAN get dynamic conditional filtering for creating and editing records with two different products on the market:

1. Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable, which allows you to create or update Airtable records from a form. It also offers over 100 advanced features for Airtable, such as dynamic conditional filtering of linked record fields.

2. Noloco’s advanced interfaces for Airtable, which also offers dynamic conditional filtering of linked record fields. I presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

p.s. If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Thank you! Do you know if there is a way to see all programs and all projects using the picker view?

Hmm, the record picker elements should display everything unless they're given a filter / parent element?  Sorry, I don't really understand the question!