cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grunty
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi all,

I have a record picker in an interface. I need it to automatically do certain actions taking the name or ID from the record I click on the list.

Does anyone know if there is a way of retrieving the identifier of the record being clicked?
Does some trigger type detect that a record in the picker was selected?

I failed to find something searching through support articles.
Maybe someone can confirm whether such a feature was actually implemented in interfaces, or can suggest some smart trick.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

That’s not what I said. I said the record picker itself cannot trigger the automation.

You can trigger an automation from a button field linked to the record picker. Or you can include an editable field based on the record picker.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

A record picker by itself cannot trigger an automation. You can trigger an automation from a button element with a run automation action. Or you can trigger an automation from the user editing a field value for the record.

Thank you, Kuovonne.
So, there is no way to trigger some processing depending on the record selected on the list.

For example, I want to automatically change a status field in records in another (child) table, that are linked to the record clicked in the picker (parent table).
Do you know a way to do this, from an interface?

That’s not what I said. I said the record picker itself cannot trigger the automation.

You can trigger an automation from a button field linked to the record picker. Or you can include an editable field based on the record picker.

Sheeraz56
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You can cause automation from a button discipline linked to the record picker. Or you could include an editable area based on the record picker.