Help

Data Visualization Tool better than Airtable Interface?

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
370 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBJ
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I built a dashboard on an Airtable interface, but I feel constrained in several instances because of the relatively low visualization capabilities of Airtable built-in interface. For example, I can't have the Map extension be displayed on my dashboard.

So I'd like to explore other options. What would the go-to tool you'd recommend for data visualization?

3 Replies 3
Agnès_Kabambi
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi @JBJ, I have created dashboards in various systems, leveraging the data stored in Airtable. PowerBI comes to mind as a robust platform with a straightforward process for integrating with Airtable. You can then use Power Automate to automate data refreshes, ensuring your dashboards stay up-to-date with the latest information.

https://support.airtable.com/docs/visualizing-airtable-records-in-microsoft-power-bi-power-query

Thanks for the advice, @Agnès_Kabambi ! I'll look into it.

Ronen_Babayoff
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey @JBJ and @Agnès_Kabambi , Ronen from Easyapps here, an official airtable services partner.

We built a generic Airtable Tableau Connector that not only syncs airtable data with tableau, it also cleans and transforms the data to make it instantly ready for consumption in reports. This means much less work for report builders.

As part of the process it creates tableau junction tables to supports airtable's many to many relationship types created by multiple users and multiple linked record fields. Check out the demo video on our website for that and additional time saving features it supports.

Tableau, like Power BI,  is one of the leading Business Intelligence platforms out there.