Help

Re: Deleting a record from an Interface?

2052 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ray
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone,

I have been greatly enjoying Interfaces, what a wonderful tool, thank you !
However, I don’t understand if and how I can delete a record from inside an interface.

For example, I have an interface that is a record list. Above that record list I put a button/link to a form associated with the table from the record list, so that I can create new records. But I don’t understand how I could delete records from inside the interface. For now, I’m going back to my base with grid view, I have to find the record, right click and delete. Not the most efficient.

Is is possible to delete a record from inside an interface?
If not, did any of you find a decent workaround?

Thank you,
Ray

3 Replies 3
egordin
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Unfortunately there’s no straightforward way to do this currently, although I would imagine its coming.

Right now, you can do this either with an automation (with a drop down field trigger for example), or by having a list of linked records, clicking on that, then clicking on the original record from the popup and deleting it the traditional way.

Thanks !
I just did the dropdown + automation (with a script found here). Works good enough !

Nick_Warren
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For info…I’ve just today gone to implement this and seen a notice that there’s “New Button functionality” that natively does this and other functions - yay!!

https://community.airtable.com/t/new-button-types-in-interface-designer/5054