cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julien
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

In an interface page I created an automation that is launched when I click on a button.

The automation will allow me to duplicate a record.

However, when this automation runs, I stay on the page of the record I've just duplicated.

Is there any way of adding a step in the automation, or whatever, so that the new record, which is the duplicate, is displayed?

Thank you for your help.

Julien

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, that’s another good idea to sort from newest records to oldest records.

Or you could group the records by a status field, and “newly duplicated” or “new” could be the top group.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

No, because Airtable automations can’t control the user’s window.

However, on the original record’s page, you could add a link to the newly-duplicated record that people can click on, which would then take them to the duplicated record.

Just add a URL field to your table, and at the end of the automation, update the URL field with the URL of the newly-duplicated record.

Then, your users can click on that link to take themselves to the newly-duplicated record.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Julien

Scott,

thank you for the reply!

I just wanted to improve a process that already works in another way.

I go back to the global page of my interface, which lists my records, and I sort by displaying the last record created at the top of the list.

The idea of adding a field is another good idea in any case.

Thank you very much.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, that’s another good idea to sort from newest records to oldest records.

Or you could group the records by a status field, and “newly duplicated” or “new” could be the top group.