Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angie_Byron
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m trying to build an interface that’s something like this:

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 12.50.14 PM

So more or less, a Timeline and a Record Picker next to each other. That is easy enough to do visually with the blank starter template. So far so good.

However, the behaviour I’m after is that instead of having to manually search for the record to pick, the detail element would be fed in from whatever’s currently selected in the timeline (in this case, “Bar”). However, I don’t seem to see an option to set the record picker value dynamically (Tables seem to be the only data source).

Am I barking up the wrong tree, or missing an option somewhere?

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, @Angie_Byron! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

I’m afraid it’s probably the former. The record picker element is designed for picking records (as its name indicates), not displaying them, and the timeline element isn’t currently designed to be a data source for other interface elements. That may eventually happen (this tool is still in its infancy), but there’s no guarantee. For now, only a handful of elements can drive the contents of other elements.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: I’ll keep my eyes posted for further developments; the tool has a ton of potential!