2761 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoseAmelia
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey All - hoping someone might be able to help me out here. 

Using the list view in Interfaces and three dropdown options, I give my users the ability to generate and view custom reports. I'm trying to find a way to allow them to download/save/export these reports as a PDF or even Google Sheet - and hopefully save the list layout. 

Here are the issues I'm running into: 

1. There is no ability to add a button to the list view (Likely will not be able to work around this)

2. I've tried using the page builder extension but it will not allow me to include lookup fields in the data - which is how I'm building the list in the first place. 

3. I can't seem to find any other way to pass the filter information through to the automation with a button. In full-page Grid/Kanban/List views there is no option to add a button, and the Grid/Kanban/List elements can't be used as a button source in non-full-page views.

Is this beyond the capabilities of Airtable? Has anyone managed to find a solution without using third-party solutions?

Thanks in advance! 

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As you guessed, you would need to use a 3rd-party solution to create these kinds of reports or documents or PDF files or spreadsheets.

Your best bet is to turn to Make’s automations and integrations for Airtable, which is an automation tool for Airtable that doesn’t require any knowledge of coding. You can create Excel documents, Google Sheet spreadsheets, PDF files, Microsoft Word Documents,  Google Docs, and so much more.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

bibiczh
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You should try with Excel-Exporter. There is a freemium version and a premium version with a 7 day free trial. And if you have an issue, they assist you very quickly. 

GavinA
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @RoseAmelia . Here is how to do it:

https://youtu.be/dZ5Eh746yVI

There is a handy step by step guide in the video description.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sergio

Hey!

If the structure of your documents is quite complex, I can recommend using the Plumsail Documents extension to create documents from Airtable. Plumsail Documents is an application for generating documents from templates.

You can add the Plumsail Documents extension button to your database and with one click create documents from Airtable data in PDF or other Microsoft Office format.

There is a detailed tutorial on how to do this, and there is also a video: