cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindsay_Patross
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have 3 tables - projects, tasks, shows

Records in projects and records in tasks are linked to shows.

I'd like to have an interface where I can see all of the projects and all of the tasks related to a show on the same page.

Is there a way to use the filter = show name, to then show a grid of the projects and a grid of the shows with that show name?  

5 Replies 5
bruceconsulting
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Lindsay,

In your last paragraph, do you mean a grid of the projects and a grid of the tasks with that show name?  If so, you can create a interface starting with a blank layout.  Insert a grid element and choose your show table.  You can show/hide fields in that grid and also use a filter to choose the show name.  

I have an example using a clients table, but you can do the same using your show table.

If you want to talk about this further or if you ever need additional help, please schedule some time with me.  Here's my Calendly link: https://calendly.com/d/zy2-jb4-q6z/30-minute-help-meeting

Jody

bruceconsulting_0-1675796110008.png

Hm, if I'm understanding you right,  the records in "Projects" and "Tasks" are linked to "Shows"?  If so, you could solve this with a record picker element and selecting the tables you want like so:

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 5.19.48 PM.png

Resulting in:

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 5.17.21 PM.png

Screen Recording 2023-02-08 at 5.17.08 PM.gif

Link to base
Once you duplicate the base you'll be able to modify the interface as well to see how it's set up too

Lindsay_Patross
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you. I didn't realize there was a difference between the filter and the record picker. 

Question on this one - is there any way to be able to add projects/tasks in this interface? 

Sort of, you'd need to use a button element with a "Run an automation" action, and it would run an automation that would create either a project or a task linked to the currently selected show