182 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hannajohnson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am using Airtable to manage a sales pipeline. I have created a sales dashboard using interfaces which reads across all opportunities. I want to be able to create quarterly and monthly reports by duplicating this dashboard and then filtering the records it reads to a specific date range.

I can't seem to find the option for filtering a dashboard at the global level - does it exist?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Hanna, I've recently built something like this.   A couple of recommendations:

• have a month and quarters table where you track which are the current, past and next quarters/months.
    • you can have 1 interface for each "period": past, current, next.  This way you aren't changing the filters each month or quarter.
  • here is where you add a filter for the entire dashboard.  You need to select the "group" element you want to filter.Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 10.48.50 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-21 at 10.49.04 AM.png
  • On my interfaces I use this filter to always show the active quarter. 

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Hanna, I've recently built something like this.   A couple of recommendations:

• have a month and quarters table where you track which are the current, past and next quarters/months.
    • you can have 1 interface for each "period": past, current, next.  This way you aren't changing the filters each month or quarter.
  • here is where you add a filter for the entire dashboard.  You need to select the "group" element you want to filter.Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 10.48.50 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-21 at 10.49.04 AM.png
  • On my interfaces I use this filter to always show the active quarter.