Help

Re: How show an interface without airtable account?

Solved
Jump to Solution
9378 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi, I'm playing with the interfaces and I have a question. Is there any way I can share an interface with a person that hasn't an Airtable account?

I don't want to add them as collaborators, because they should see only that interface (not the base) and I don't want to ask them to create an Airtable account just to see my interface. My final goal is sharing the interface link with an automation through email. 

Is there any way? Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
39 Replies 39
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

I'm afraid not.  From the documentation:

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 1.24.04 PM.png

Thank you for the help! 

Laury_Wollery_S
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm jumping into this thread to request this feature.
Being forced to only use interfaces with paid users makes it way less effective. Most of the data I need to visualize and share isn't for people in my dept. 

Victor_Proust

I have the same problem. I need to share an interface, but I don't want the people to have access to the database. 

Angela_Ray

I have created an Interface page for speakers at my conference.  On this page, they can reach out to organizers via comments, keeping all conversations regarding that speaker in one spot.  They can get details of who, what, when, and where.  Make hotel reservations. Click a button to confirm they are coming and see instant audience feedback.  All of this is on one page and filtered for that speaker.  But they have to have a paid seat making this option for our little conference too expensive.  I would love for a Comment Only Interface access not to be a paid seat.  This interface would be a huge value add for us and we would be able to create different interface pages (but the same concept) for attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors. 

I'm requesting this also. Sharing an interface with your business mission metrics on your website will allow 

customers to stay informed with how your company is progressing on the mission and stay engaged with your story.

Jia_Elhassan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Requesting interface public view too.

I've created a massive database for our NGO and it shows live how many families we're helping and I would like to add that to our website.

Laura_Vile

It is good to see others are having the same issue.  These interfaces are great at being able to manipulate data and show it in a visual way to others in the business who don't necessarily need to use the data or Airtable at all.  But having to have them as paid users doesn't make sense and almost makes interfaces redundant to us.

julietnpn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am also in the position where I want users to submit information more complicated than can be submitted via a form, and not have access to the base. Given that we'd need many, many users to submit information one time it doesn't make sense for them to have paid seats, nor even an account.

Andrew_Davies
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Me too. So many people asking for this

Limi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I 100% agree that this feature needs to be added. You can make some really beautiful dashboards from the data in our bases, but not being able to share them (or even print them) with external people is very disappointing.

Maugis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here, need this functionality please 😄

JV-TRP

I agree 100%. What’s the point of having and interface, if people can’t interface with it?? I love the dashboards, and would like to create a dashboard for each of my clients to see the activity stats and the status of the projects I’m working on for them. My internal team (who have Airtable accounts) don’t need this - they have access to the data. Please add this feature!

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi guys, I asked about this feature here:

https://community.airtable.com/t5/product-ideas/show-an-interface-without-airtable-account/idi-p/147... 

So if you want to write why you need this feature there, it could be helpful! An admin noticed that post due to the number of Kudos received.

andygeekboy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this to be added

katiesullivan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding to the chain. +1 for view-only, non-user, shareable interfaces. I collect a lot of data with Airtable and can display it beautifully in Interfaces. I also need to share that data with a lot of external stakeholders that I don't want accessing the database. Not being able to share externally renders the interface almost completely useless.

airballer86
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1

Jacques_BJGB
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

GracePOliver
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another vote for this!