cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClarenceK
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

I can't find the old page where I could see my published interfaces, my unpublished ones, and create a new one. For a few days now, when I click on Interfaces, I'm redirected on the new interfaces page where I can see all my published interfaces on the left menu, but I don't have any option to create a new one.

Has something changed?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CJSmith
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @ClarenceK! Yes, this is part of the (hotly debated) updated interface designer experience. To edit interfaces, navigate to the "Interfaces" tab (as you just did), then click on the name of your base in the top-left corner of the page (the name will have a little down arrow next to it). The first option will be "Edit" with a cogwheel next to it. Click that option to enter the interface editor, and you should be able to add/edit interface pages in the panel that opens on the right-hand side of the page.

If you don't have the "Edit" option, there's a chance your permissions changed, in which case you should reach out to your workspace admin. Linking the interface designer support article for further reading. Let me know if that works!

See Solution in Thread

11 Replies 11
CJSmith
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @ClarenceK! Yes, this is part of the (hotly debated) updated interface designer experience. To edit interfaces, navigate to the "Interfaces" tab (as you just did), then click on the name of your base in the top-left corner of the page (the name will have a little down arrow next to it). The first option will be "Edit" with a cogwheel next to it. Click that option to enter the interface editor, and you should be able to add/edit interface pages in the panel that opens on the right-hand side of the page.

If you don't have the "Edit" option, there's a chance your permissions changed, in which case you should reach out to your workspace admin. Linking the interface designer support article for further reading. Let me know if that works!

ClarenceK

Hello @CJSmith !

Yes, that worked, thank you very much 🙂

CJSmith
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

You got it!

commonmatt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm the owner of my workspace, and I have no way to add a new interface. What gives? This feels like a huge step backwards.

CJSmith
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@commonmatt the interface designer flow is different overall, Airtable got rid of the page with the colored squares and moved interface/page management singularly into the right-hand panel I described above. In that panel, clicking the plus sign will allow you to create a new interface: Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 2.51.07 PM.png

Hope this helps! 

BL1

How do I create a new interface instead of editing an old one?

This should indeed be hotly debated, Airtable is only as good as easy it is to use. There are no excuses for an interface that requires people to make forum posts.

bojyra
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm having the exact same problem.  I can edit existing interfaces, but can not create a new one.  In the new left-hand menu, I see my base at the top and all interfaces for that base below it.  When I click the small arrow under my base, the only options I am given are to return to my data or edit - the edit option only allows me to edit whatever interface I'm currently viewing.  There is no + symbol anywhere that I can see.

Edit:  OOF, just found it.  This design is *terrible*.  So...for anyone else that is having problems:  When you click the drop-down arrow under your base on the right hand side you'll see options for "return to data" or "edit."  If you click "edit" it will look like you are simply editing whatever interface you already have open, but apparently this opens "editing mode" and there is another menu all the way over on the right of the page with a little + sign.  (In the same place where you'd normally edit a single interface, hence why this design is so confusing.)  You have to click on that and THEN it will take you back to the menu that you used to navigate to by simply clicking "interfaces" in your main view.  Good luck, Everyone!

Brett-Stineman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The last detail that I don't see mentioned in this thread: once you get the right sidebar to appear, then you need to click on All Pages at the top of the sidebar to be able to see the "+" for creating a new interface.

UGH I agree this is TERRIBLE.  In my browser (as of 2/2024) the sidebar is on the LEFT side.  So I finally click the dropdown under our base name, found the "Edit" option, and then a left sidebar opens and there's a tiny, non-descript [+] sign next to the word "Interfaces."  This is the OPPOSITE of intuitive, Airtable!