Help

Re: How to go back to the old interface?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1566 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmonje
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It is quite disappointing logging into the new interface today. Already it has caused inconvenience to its users and I hope users will get the option to choose the interface that works best for them. 

One major issue is the inability to sort workspaces in the order you want, which can make it challenging to find specific workspaces quickly, especially if you have many of them. Another issue is the inability to rearrange bases by dragging and dropping, which was a convenient feature that saved users time and effort. 

Furthermore, when you click on any workspace interface, accessing the home page is not as easy as it used to be. This can be frustrating for users who need to quickly navigate to the home page to access essential features and information.

Lastly, some users may feel that the new interface looks outdated compared to the previous version. The visual aspect of an interface can be just as important as its functionality. A modern and visually appealing interface can make users feel more comfortable and engaged with the platform. If the new interface looks outdated, it may negatively impact user engagement and satisfaction, leading them to search for alternatives that offer a more visually appealing and modern interface.

In conclusion, while change is inevitable, it is important for platforms to ensure that any new interface meets the needs of its users and improves their experience. This includes balancing both functionality and design to create an interface that is both easy to use and visually appealing.

14 Replies 14
Barak_Almog
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If I could upvote a 1000 times each one of the upset responses here I would.

I own an automation agency which specializes in Airtable based solutions. In the last ~3 years or so we built hundreds of bases for my own business as well as our clients.

Airtable is an amazing solution to a need that was previously unanswered, but is far from perfect. The biggest issue with the platform is the vendor-lock pricing. You can do a lot with the free tier, but once you start paying (and all of my clients are in the PRO tier), then each new team member digs a deeper hole in our pockets.

This was somewhat understandable when bundled with the business benefits of using the platform, but you'd expect something in return.

The last UI change feels like a slap in the face - like others mentioned it's uneasy to navigate, scrambles the nice workspaces and bases order we've created over the years, mixes Interfaces and Bases, adds unnecessary clicks to any navigation between bases, and makes it overall really hard to use the software.

And while not related directly to functionality I'll add, like others said, that the new UI is embarrassingly ugly - 2015 web design is a compliment - not a deal breaker, but if I owned my design team manager would have to answer some difficult questions.

Airtable should acknowledge that new valid competitors spring up daily like mushrooms, and I'm sure many of the users are already testing out alternatives - first and foremost for pricing considerations, but then there's everything else I just mentioned.

I won't name any to not get this response removed, but a simple Google Search is enough to get a few leading names.

Airtable - Either solve the issues mentioned above, or revert to the old, much better interface. Internet loyalty is a myth.

Rachel_Penner
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is despising the redesign of Airtable "home." It's a total mess, both from an organizing/functionality perspective and from a visual perspective.

The "Home" is 100% useless: why are they stealing the (bad) Google Drive standard design of displaying items by most recently opened?

And the "All workspaces" option is just about as bad. Now I have to click through and load several screens to see all the bases in one of my workspaces. The visual design is so bulky, with so many extra boxes and lines , that the whole thing feels cluttered and is hard to scan.

The best workaround I've found is to star my most used bases and access them via the sidebar. I don't even look at any of the other screens. But I know this doesn't work for those with more bases and workspaces.

M_Gohar_Shafiqu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

New design sucks big time. I am shifting to Coda after this pathetic UI update.
- So much overload on brain to navigate (I have so many workspaces and bases which takes me a few minutes to find the right one and sometimes losing focus on what I was finding, especially if you cant remember the name of base then the search bar because useless)
- old design was so good and easy
- previously it was easy to see more bases in one workspace (due to design icon took less real estate)

Russ

Exactly. 

Tell me more about this Coda. I will shift to that as well if it was like AirTable used to be.

Gokula_Krishnan

Hi,

When can we get back the previous HOME screen on Airtable, the new look and feel isnt growing and its such a pain. Common Airtable Product team, do you NOT listen to your customers? The List view sucks. the inability to move bases and group them is important for some of us who may have up to 30 or 40 bases.

My entire team is complaining about this....is this NOT going to be an option?

G