Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

In Rare **Forms**: How to use Primary Key a Single Select / Drop Down Menu in a Form?

Topic Labels: Workflow Design
64 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_L
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

Bottom Line Up Front: I would like to know, how can I use my table's Primary Key as a Single Select / Drop Down Menu option in an Airtable Forms question. 

Backstory:

I am creating a "Sign Up Form" in Airtable to allow Applicants to schedule themselves for my available appointments in the Appointments table. In order to link their Applicant Table (screenshot #1) record with their Appointment Table (screenshot #2) record, I'm planning to:

1) List the Appointments (Primary Key from the Appointment Table) as a Drop Down Menu in the form so they can select 1 to schedule. 

2) Have the Application # included on the Form, and prefilled through the unique form URL I give them, which will enter their Application # in that field on the form automatically. This will help link their Appointment with their Application.

How can I do this???

TIA!

ML

Screenshot #1: Applicants Table

M_L_1-1727190077112.png

Screenshot #2 - Appointments Table

M_L_2-1727191083902.png

1 Reply 1
Mike_AutomaticN
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey @M_L! If your tables are already linked via a linked field, by having such linked field in your form that alone will already show the dropdown of the existing records in the linked table as a dropdown (showing primary field). I might be missing something. Could you please provide further context?